visitas

segunda-feira, dezembro 05, 2005

One day this will only be a story

Blue Ribbon Against Child Abuse
Sarah

My name is Sarah (O meu nome é Sarah)
I am but three, (Sou apenas mais uma)
My eyes are swollen (Os meus olhos estão inchados)
I cannot see, (Eu não consigo ver,)

I must be stupid, (Eu devo ser estupida, )
I must be bad, (Eu devo ser má,)
What else could have made (Que mais pode ter posto)
My daddy so mad? (O meu paizinho tão zangado?)

I wish I were better, (Quem me dera ser melhor, )
I wish I weren't ugly, (Quem me dera não ser feia,)
Then maybe my Mommy (Assim talvez a minha mãezinha)
Would still want to hug me. (Ainda me quisesse abraçar.)

I can't speak at all, (Não posso dizer nada,
I can't do a wrong (Não posso fazer nada errado)
Or else I'm locked up (Senão sou trancada)
All the day long. (Durante todo o dia.)

When I awake (Quando acordo)
I'm all alone (Estou sozinha)
The house is dark (A casa está escura)
My folks aren't home. (Os meus pais não estão em casa.)


When my Mommy does come (Quando a minha mãezinha chegar)
I'll try and be nice, (Vou tentar portar-me bem,)

So maybe I'll get just (Assim, talvez, só apanhe)
One whipping tonight. (Uma tareia esta noite.)

Don't make a sound! (Não faço um ruído!)
I just heard a car (Acabo de ouvir um carro)
My daddy is back (O meu paizinho está de volta)
From Charlie's Bar. (Do bar do Charlie.)

I hear him curse (Eu ouço-o a praguejar)
My name he calls (Ele chama o meu nome)
I press myself (Eu encosto-me)
Against the wall. (Contra a parede.)

I try and hide (Tento esconder-me)
From his evil eyes (Dos seus olhos malvados)
I'm so afraid now (Estou com tanto medo agora)
I'm starting to cry. (Eu começo a chorar.)

He finds me weeping (Ele encontra-me a chorar)
He shouts ugly words, (Ele grita palavras feias)
He says its my fault (Ele diz que a culpa é minha )
That he suffers at work. (De ele sofrer no trabalho. )

He slaps me and hits me (Ele esbofeteia-me e bate-me)
And yells at me more, (E grita-me ainda mais,)
I finally get free (Consigo finalmente libertar-me)
And I run for the door. (E corro para a porta.)


He's already locked it (Ele já a trancou)
And I start to bawl, (E eu começo a chorar mais alto,)
He takes me and throws me (Ele pega em mim e atira-me)
Against the hard wall. (Contra a dura parede.)

I fall to the floor (Eu caio no chão)
With my bones nearly broken, (Com os meus ossos partidos,)
And my daddy continues (E o meu paizinho continua)
With more bad words spoken. (A dizer mais palavras más.)

"I'm sorry!", I scream ("Desculpa!", Grito eu)
But its now much too late (Mas é tarde de mais)
His face has been twisted (A sua face transformou-se)
Into unimaginable hate. (Em ódio inimaginável.)

The hurt and the pain (O sofrimento e a dor)
Again and again (Outra e outra vez)
Oh please God, have mercy! (Oh por favor Deus, tem piedade!)
Oh please let it end! (Por favor acaba com isto!)

And he finally stops (E finalmente ele pára)
And heads for the door, (E dirige-se para a porta)
While I lay there motionless (Enquanto eu estou sem movimentos)
Sprawled on the floor. (Caída no chão.)

My name is Sarah (O meu nome é Sarah)
And I am but three, (E sou apenas mais uma,)
Tonight my daddy (Esta noite o meu paizinho)
Murdered me. (Matou-me.)


There are thousands of kids out there just like Sarah. And you can help.It sickens me to my soul, and if you just read this and don't pass it on I pray for your forgiveness, because you would have to be one heartless person to not be affected by this email. And because you are affected, do something about it!! So all I am asking you to do is take some time to send this on and acknowledge that this stuff does happen, and that people like her dad do live in our society, and pray for child abuse to wither out and die, but also pray for the safety of our youth. Please pass this poem on as a Blue Ribbon Against Child Abuse because as crazy as it might sound, it might just indirectly change a life. Hey, you NEVER know.Please forward if you are


*~*~*AGAINST CHILD ABUSE *~*~